Thank you for actually getting your shit together yesterday. You’ve worked entirely too hard to just blow it now.
xoxo and annoyed,
Y’all, moving was a whole lot harder on my diet/exercise than I expected. I mean a whole lot harder. I didn’t just abandon the wagon for 14 days, I got off, torched the damn thing and watched it burn to the ground. While frolicking in the ashes I did learn some valuable lessons:
- I really like Bourbon. Too much in fact. I like the taste of Bourbon. I like the smell of Bourbon. I like the feel of it in my belly. It definitely needs to go back to being a weekend/special occasion type of thing. Not just for weight loss reasons, but because I have an addictive personality and booze isn’t something I’d wish to take on.
- Eating is a slippery slope for me. I have eaten like crap for the most part the last two/three weeks. For realsies – cheese dip, bagels with cream cheese, rolls with butter, pizza, ice cream, ranch dressing, etc. I was a total glutton.
- I was a total glutton that felt like crap. I never realized how much food/exercise effected me. I haven’t been sleeping well, as in sleeping more than three or so hours a night since we moved in. The only thing that changed aside from the environment is my diet/lack of exercise. Yesterday I ran and worked in the yard and ate healthily and guess what? I slept a hell of a lot better last night.
- After 12 or so days my body started craving healthier things: hard boiled eggs, salads, water, fish, vegetables, etc. and guess what? I was the fool that said, “Eh – that can wait! I’m getting back on the wagon come Monday.” While I did get back on the wagon yesterday I certainly did not respect myself or my body, which is disappointing – but excellent knowledge.
- Running the Peachtree 10k on Thursday is going to suck. And by suck I mean I may actually die. I hadn’t run in three weeks and then I ran for 25 minutes yesterday and hated every minute of it. I hate to say it, but I am praying to the sweet lord baby Jesus that it gets stormed/rained out. Yes, I am a monster. But seriously, it’s a 80% storms/rain and I hate running, let alone running in the rain. Cancel that shit.
The last time I weighed in (maybe a week ago) I was 207’something. YIKES! I’m trying to keep my nut-job tendencies in check and not weigh in until I go back to a WW meeting so I don’t get totally discouraged.
I believe my dad and I are going to start doing the 4:30pm meetings on Tuesdays in a week. I have mixed emotions on that simply because if the meeting is at 4:30 that means I’ve eaten all day and I’ll weigh heavier than I would first thing in the morning. I know that if I’m only weighing in once a week at the same time on the same day it won’t matter. It’s just the crazy in me coming out. Which is what I’m working on.