I’m quite flattered to have been accepted the Liebster Award! Thank you Elaine!
I’ve gotten a few recent comments/emails from people telling me how inspirational and motivating I am for them and y’all, that makes my day. I know that might sound silly, but I get how hard this journey is and how much I’ve struggled and to know that I may have provided someone help when they are thinking, “Why do I even try?” as they’re eating a Weight Watchers Chocolate Snack Cake, followed by a glass of skim milk…then half a slice of pizza, a mini-bag of healthy pop and raspberries (don’t you judge me – it was a rough night)!
ANYHOW! Here are the answers to the things I’m suppose to answer for this delightful award:
11 Random Facts
- I love gardening and all things DIY. I am beyond excited about being able to garden and do all of the Pinterest projects once we are in our house.
- I trained in Opera for 10 years and turned down an opportunity to go professional. To this day, while I miss singing, I have no regrets.
- I listen to all music. I love music. My tastes range from country to rap to Opera to R&B to classical to pop to rock…If it has a good beat I’ll like it.
- I have no shame/filter. It can be a bad bad thing and I garner a lot of looks.
- Birth control with hormones in it makes me crazy. I have to have an IUD because of it.
- I like big butts and I cannot lie. No, but seriously – that’s true. I am total sucker for butts. You hear about ass men – I’m an ass girl. Nothing better than a good booty. I love my husband’s perfect ass from his years of baseball. (Oh god, he’ll kill me if he sees this…)
- I’m scared shitless of hitting my goal weight and often find myself self-sabotaging without realizing.
- I’m a detail oriented control freak that is often described as “intense.”
- I got my degree in Psychology and had originally planned on getting my Masters in Forensic Psychology and becoming a Profiler, but realized how much I didn’t like college and didn’t want to go back. So, now I’m just obsessed with all true crime: Investigation Discovery Channel, murder mysteries, events in the news, etc.
- I’m a total girly girl. I always have a french manicure, eyebrows on point, and can rock some 5 inch heels. I’m one of the only women in the tris with nails…haha!
- I LOVE my city (Atlanta) I’m a die hard Atlanta sports fan: Falcons, Dawgs and Hawks.
What is your favorite vegetable and how do you like it cooked/prepared? I love vegetables. I can binge on some healthy ass vegetables. An old favorite of mine is sliced zucchini topped with a little butter, Parmesan cheese and S&P baked in a 400 degree over for 20 minutes. I’m also a sucker for anything roasted. Specifically asparagus and/or carrots tossed in EVOO/S&P.
What have you done today that you are proud of? Yeah, we need to change, yeah /The Biggest Loser Intro…but seriously – Today? Uhhh… got up? What I will be doing is getting in one final swim before the tri on Saturday and having dinner with a bunch of other triathletes that are doing the same tri! (Very excited for it!)
Do you prefer to exercise alone or with a partner or group? Why? This totally depends on my mood. Sometimes I drag my defiant husband out running with me because he pushes me. Sometimes I prefer going alone – especially with cycling I’ve found. Cycling is my “zone” and I find it very cathartic. The less talking I do while riding the happier I am.
What kind of house, condo, etc. would be your ideal home? Kevin and I are closing on a house next month (the appraiser went yesterday and the inspector tomorrow) – so hopefully that one.
What is your favorite concert that you have attended? Kevin and I saw Fun. in February and we were in the VERY front row. I could have reached out and touched him. It was incredible. They hadn’t wont their Grammy when tickets went on sale so it was a VERY small venue with a super small crowd.. EEEE!!! We are seeing them again in Oct and cannot wait! 🙂
What kind of profession do you work in? (…or most recently worked in?) I work in pediatric hospital administration – specifically the Pulmonary division and love it.
Do you have any pets? If so, what are they? We have two asshole, absurdly needy cats that I love very much.
What are you grateful for? In short – my life. I have a wonderful husband, great friends, a very close family, two beautiful nephews, a great career, my health, etc.
What is the weirdest food you have ever eaten? Would you eat it again? Oh – uhhh.. No clue. I’m a foodie and I’ve eaten a lot of weird stuff. I garner the most looks from Alligator or Kangaroo – and yeah, they were tasty.
Would you prefer hiking or biking? Why? Biking – no doubt. I kinda sorta consider myself a cyclist now. 🙂
What has been your most difficult habit to give up or change? Hmm – my love for all things delicious. Because I am a foodie I really struggle with the eating aspect. Not even the moderation, but the quality. I like real butter, real cream, real fat, real flavor, etc. I hate the scent and taste of all the fake crap. I’m also a sucker for all things cheese.
People I Nominate with Under 200 Followers
-Things I learned doing this: I don’t “follow” a lot of people, especially people with less than 200 readers, but those people are awesome!
Great post! Thanks so much for participating!
Thank you for honoring me! 🙂
This was really cute and interesting. Congrats on the award. And THANK YOU for nominating my blog. I’m beyond humbled! Keep on trekking; I look forward to reading more about your workout misadventures 😉
My pleasure! 🙂