SAY WHAAAA? Shut the front door. Good God Amighty! With Kevin out of town this week I’ve been playing in the kitchen a lot. I was looking through the fridge and found a myriad of leftovers and created this beauty:
Y’all – it just wasn’t fair it was so good. Here’s the line up:
10 Egg Roll Wrappers
3 1/3 slices of Munster Cheese
Little Bowl of Water
MISC Things I feel I should share
- I used Full Fat cheese; you could use a reduced fat which would drop your points/calories lower.
- I used Filet Mignon, because I had it on hand. I made Filet earlier in the week for Kev and I’s anniversary. You can use any steak.
- The Olive Oil is not necessary, I just enjoy it.
- SRS Tip 101: If you have peppers/onions that are about to go bad or you need to use them – dice them and freeze them. Go great on homemade pizzas, egg rolls, red sauces, etc.
- If you skip the EVOO and use light cheese you’re looking at 100 calories/egg roll and 2PP and probably not as much happiness in your life.
LET US BEGIN!
1. Preheat your oven to 400 and heat 1 tsp of EVOO.
2. Cut your cheese slices into thirds.
3. Dice your peppers/onions and slice your shrooms.
4. Toss them into the hot oil and let brown/cook up nicely.
5. Shave your steak into really think slices.
6. Layer your wrappers with cheese, steak and veggies.
7. Roll, brush with EVOO and bake for 12 minutes.
8. Roll over and bake another 2 minutes.
9. Try not to eat all 10 of them.
If you’ve never wrapped an egg roll here ya go! PS – the water works as glue, so just dip your finger/brush in the water and trace the outer perimeter of the wrapper.
Move to pan – brush with EVOO and bake!
And then low and behold the Gods smile upon you…
Oh man. This looks delicious! Definitely gonna be trying this out! =D
Let me know what you think if you give them a try!
Those look amazing. And just the name ALONE! Omg.
Ya I’m making these!!! I have the rolls in the fridge, just haven’t done anything with them.
Woohoo! let me know what you think!
Totally bookmarking these. They look awesome!!
Thanks! Hope you enjoy!