Thangs you need:
12oz high fiber pasta
2 green peppers
1 large onion
1 (or more) tomatoes
10oz frozen peas
3/4lb spicy turkey sausage
1heaping tsp. Italian Seasoning
14.5oz Tomato Sauce
2tbsp Tomato Paste
This was super easy and quick to throw together. It probably took me a total of 30 minutes.
1. Preheat your oven to 400.
2. Cook your pasta al dente (10 minutes if using Ronzini Smart Taste)
3. While your pasta cooks, chop your veggies. I would have used more tomato if I had it. Alas, I did not.
4. Brown your spicy sausage (sans casing) in the bottom of a large pan. My dutch oven worked great. Pro tip – use a whisk, it breaks up the sausage as it cooks really well. One browned, add the veggies.
5. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent. Use a wooden spoon to get all the brown bits up and in the party. Those are your flavor bombs.
6. Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, peas, and seasonings.
7. Stir in your pasta. If it feels/looks too dry add a splash of water. T
8. Dish it into a 9×13. Top with the cheese and put in oven for 25-30 minutes.
9. Take it out and let it sit for like 5 minutes. Then dish it up.
10. Cheese. Just cheese.
8 servings at 7pp or 6 servings at 10pp
8 servings = 293kcal / 7g fat / 41g carb / 7g fiber / 18g protein
6 servings = 391kcal / 9g fat / 54g carb/ 9g fiber/ 24g protein